book your trip
Whether you are a beginner or an avid fisherman Epic Tails Charters will get you on a fishing trip that fits your abilities. Florida’s Gulf of Mexico waters attract many fish of all sizes and species. We have inshore fishing and flats fishing charters as well as nearshore fishing charters. When we leave the dock we are ready to go! We provide all licenses and fishing tackle for your day.
We generally fish with light tackle so even the beginner angler can target a bucket list fish. If fishing is not necessarily your thing and you just want to take the family to explore our beautiful gulf coast islands and beaches to collect sea shells, or even take a river excursion and see some manatees, don’t worry we have several trips for you to enjoy an epic day out on the water. We accept credit cards, PayPal, Venmo, and cash for deposits and for payments.
What to bring
- Sunscreen: No aerosol it stains the boat and can make it slippery.
- Food, Snacks, and Drinks (NO ALCOHOL)
- Hat, Sunglasses, Towel
- Camera and or Phone
- Shoes – Footwear if at all possible, please wear light-soled / non-marking shoes, crocs, or flip flops
- Appropriate clothing: Dress accordingly for the weather on the day of your trip.
What we provide
- Fishing licenses for all anglers
- All fishing tackle, poles, gear, and bait
- First Aid and Trauma Kits
- Cooler with ice for your food, snacks, and drinks. Please do not bring an additional cooler on the boat.
- Bottled water
- 25 years of expertise and fishing knowledge of the Tampa Bay area
- Safety Equipment, Life Jackets
- No alcohol.
- No aerosol sunscreen as it stains the boat and can make the boat slippery.
- No GPS or Tracking devices on board.
- No bananas on the boat! This includes Banana Boat sunscreen or anything related to bananas. It is BAD LUCK. A popular fishing myth is to ban bananas and even Banana Boat sunscreen on board. Some anglers believe that having bananas along on a trip will not only lead to a fishless day, but they can be responsible for a crew falling ill or just bringing bad luck.
Where and when to meet
Epic Tails Charters has several different pick-up dock locations out of Hernando, Pasco, and Pinellas Counties. When you book your trip we will discuss the location and time to meet. If you want to target specific fish, certain times of the year will depend on migration patterns, seasons, or specific bodies of water. We will be waiting for you at the dock and will be ready to go.
Robert J. Strickland Memorial Park
Hudson Boat ramp
Anclote River Boat Ramp
Anclote boat ramp
Anyone under 18 years of age is required to wear a life jacket while the boat is underway. Once we are at anchor, it will be at the discretion of the Captain, depending on weather and other variables.
Deposits, Payments, and Cancellations:
A $100.00 deposit is required at the time of booking your trip. If you cancel your trip outside 5 days of your scheduled charter, your deposit will be fully refunded. If you cancel within 5 days, you will be charged the full deposit. If the Captain cancels your trip for ANY reason you will receive a full refund or we may reschedule your trip if you like. Deposits and payments can be made via credit card, PayPal, Venmo, or cash.
Contact us for information about these events or to create your epic experience!